- All these soft, warm nights going to waste when I ought to be lying in your arms under the moon - the dearest arms in all the world - darling arms that I love so to feel around me - How much longer before they?ll be here to stay? When I do get home again, you?ll certainly have a most awful time ever moving me one inch from you. by Zelda to Scott, 1919
- What a fine weather today! Can?t choose whether to drink tea or to hang myself. - by A. P. Chekhov
- " You won't allow me to go to school.
I won?t become a doctor.
Remember this: One day you will be sick. "
Poem written by an 11 year old Afghan girl This poem was recorded in a NYT magazine article about female underground poetry groups in Afghanistan. An amazing article about the ways in which women are using a traditional two line poetry form to express their resistance to male oppression, their feelings about love (considered blasphemous), and their doubts about religion.
- In 100 years we?ll all be dead. That's kinda creepy, if you think about it, but what can you do? We are all here, now, feeling these things and saying these things, and if these pages sit on the bedside table or the bookshelf, traveling through time at the speed of time, gathering heat and light, and arrive, years later, in the hands of a reader perhaps even you, dear reader then hurray for us. We love you, we do. But there?s this space between us, always this space between us. We're stuck in our skins and singing, and no one really knows how long it will take for the sound to reach you. - by Richard Siken
- I will remember your small room, the feel of you, the light in the window, your records, your books, our morning coffee, our noons, our nights, our bodies spilled together, sleeping, the tiny flowing currents, immediate and forever. Your leg, my leg, your arm, my arm, your smile and the warmth of you who made me laugh again. -Charles Bukowski
-I love you means that I accept you for the person that you are, and that I do not wish to change you into someone else. It means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you even when you're in a bad mood, or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you?re down, not just when you?re fun to be with. I love you? means that I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them, asking in return that you do not judge me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to let go. It means thinking of you, dreaming of you, wanting and needing you constantly, and hoping you feel the same way for me.- by Jonathan Safran Foer